Last Updated on February 5, 2022
Whether you plan to launch a new business or take your existing ones to new heights, then you must definitely have access to the right marketing tools. And two such tools that can help you level up your business are Kartra and Kajabi.
These two tools are very efficient in boosting your customer base and revenue for the business. Right from selling online courses to getting more subscribers for your membership website, these tools can help you out. However, both of these tools have their own set of pros and cons.
In our Kartra vs. Kajabi article, we have listed out each, and every feature provided by these tools and compared them in-depth. Have a look at the review below:
Main differences between Kartra and Kajabi?
Here is the list of differences between Kartra and Kajabi:
- Kajabi is highly inclined towards course selling, whereas Kartra is inclined towards product selling.
- In Kajabi, you can find only 3 membership tiers, whereas Karta provides 4 membership tiers.
- Karta provides some of the best done-for-you funnel templates with the inputs provided by top marketers, whereas Kajabi does not have any DFY funnel templates.
- Kajabi accepts Stripe and Paypal payment modes, whereas Kartra accepts credit cards and Paypal.
- A secure third-party video hosting is provided by Kajabi, whereas Kartra provides native video hosting to its customers.
- Kajabi offers 24/7 live chat support only to members opting for Growth and Pro plans. On the other hand, Kartra provides email support for all its plans.
Similarities between Kartra and Kajabi?
Although both of these platforms come with different unique selling points, surprisingly, these two share a few similarities as well. Here is the list of similarities between these two platforms:
- Both of these platforms are designed to help customers to enrich their marketing by designing sales funnels. In Kajabi, building a sales funnel is known as “Pipeline,” whereas, in Kartra, building sales funnels is known as “Campaigns.” Building sales funnels is easier in Kartra than Kajabi, as it comes with DFY templates from top marketers.
- Both these platforms help improve the landing page experience with their drag and drop page builder. With this page builder, you can edit, revamp, add any visuals to the landing page.
- Both Kartra and Kajabi are designed to create membership sites. Compared to ClickFunnels, you can host videos on these platforms to improve the conversion rate of your product. Kajabi offers third-party video hosting, whereas Kartra provides native video hosting.
- Both these platforms provide analytics performance tracking to understand how visitors interact with your campaigns and understand buyer behavior.
- Kajabi and Kartra come with a lot of features like email marketing, video hosting, etc. It minimizes the need for external integrations for the customers.
- Kajabi and Kartra help you to create customized affiliate programs for your users. Though Kartra provides this feature right from the start, Kajabi provides this feature only in its premium plans.
- Both platforms provide an audience segmentation feature that helps you to understand buyer behavior in a precise manner. Moreover, you can automate workflows on both these platforms.
- Kartra and Kajabi also allow you to upsell the products with the help of its OTO feature. They help in maximizing your profits.
- Finally, both these platforms provide a 14-day free trial. Though the free trial offered by Kajabi is absolutely “free,” the free trial of Kartra comes with a $1 fee.
Kartra’s page builder allows users to create a customized landing page that can fit any niche. Most of the landing pages designed with Kartra’s page builder look near to reality, which helps in boosting the conversion rate. With Kartra’s page builder, you can edit style, section, helpdesk, templates, and many more. All these features are available on the sidebar of Kartra.
Apart from the page builder, the templates in Kartra have impressive features like CTA buttons, countdown timers, etc. Also, the landing pages built with Kartra are mobile responsive.
Due to its mobile responsiveness, you can quickly toggle between the mobile, tablet, and desktop modes and design your landing pages hassle-free.
On the other hand, Kajabi does not have many features in the page builder, like Kartra. It comes with 10+ themes, and the users can select any one theme and start editing it. Similar to Kartra’s page builder, Kajabi page builder also offers features like CTA buttons, countdown timers, etc.
The page builder of Kajabi feels more premium, and it avoids unnecessary code to build an impressive landing page.
Winner: In terms of page builder, both these tools are a tie. This is because Kartra offers an impressive number of features in its page builder, whereas Kajabi offers 10+ themes in its premium-feel page builder. Both of them excel in different areas.
An effective email marketing campaign can help your customers understand what exactly you are selling and build trust in your business.
Kartra’s email marketing feature is known as “Kartra Mail.” This tool functions on behavior-based automation and addresses your customers in a more personalized manner. With the personalization of Kartra Mail, customers are more likely to open your emails and purchase your products/courses.
You can track all the details like open-rate, CTR, sales, etc., with Katra’s Mail. You can also perform A/B testing with the help of this feature to understand how customers are interacting with your mails.
On the other hand, Kajabi offers more customization and personalization in the email feature. You can send broadcasts to the entire email list, or you can segment your audience based on their behavior.
You can track the open rate, lead life cycle and also tag the leads in Kajabi’s email marketing tool.
Winner: Kartra is a clear winner in terms of email marketing, as it allows you to send personalized emails sophistically.
You can create membership sites, portals, and also access levels on Kartra. As Kartra comes with in-built video and audio hosting, you can upload your content directly on the Kartra servers.
The starter plan of Kartra allows you to host 2 membership sites, whereas the premium plans allow you to create unlimited landing pages and membership sites. Also, the starter plan allows only 50GB of bandwidth usage, whereas the upgraded plans provide you with unlimited bandwidth.
You can set up custom membership access tiers for different levels. Also, you can release the content for particular access levels or at a certain time.
On the other hand, Kajabi provides you with unlimited custom themes to fit different niche membership sites. Some of the impressive features include pdf downloads, embedding a video player, custom domain names, etc.,
There is no cap on the number of content uploads and downloads in all the plans of Kajabi.
Winner: Kajabi is a clear winner in this segment. It allows the course creators to choose from multiple themes and customize with various features provided in the membership panel.
Leads are the most crucial part of any business, as they are your potential customers.
Kartra helps you gather the information of your leads and helps you track the user behavior with your sales funnel. Under the option “Kartra Leads,” you can find the behavior of a group or an individual.
Also, automated lead scores are updated in Kartra, which allows you to focus only on the potential customers. Lead tracking also helps you understand where you are losing leads and how the customers are interacting with your sales funnel.
On the other hand, Kajabi works on the contact system, which means if you already have a list of contacts or leads, you need to feed it into the system.
Kajabi also offers third-party integrations like MailChimp, which allows you to import the contacts. You can also tag the potential customers and send them custom email campaigns.
Winner: Kartra is the winner in leads as it provides you the ability to nurture all your leads and then turn them into potential customers.
A well-optimized sales funnel helps you improve your products’ conversion rate.
In Kartra, you can create your custom sales funnel pages or you can also select the done-for-you templates that are done by the top marketers in the industry. You will have access to fully functional sales funnels with options like automation, email marketing, pages, etc.,
You can also import campaigns from other platforms, as well as list your own campaign on Kartra’s marketplace to become more profitable.
On the other hand, Kajabi helps you to create sales funnels with the help of its “Pipeline” feature. The pipeline blueprints feature provides you with a funnel layout that guides you in writeup and section placement. You can fully customize the sales funnel as per your niche.
Winner: As Kartra provides you with done-for-you campaign templates, you can save up on time and guesswork for generating leads.
If you are in the eCommerce industry, it is important to have affiliates working for you to promote your product. Kartra has an automated affiliated system that provides custom affiliate landing pages, commissions, and also affiliate approvals.
Kartra has a screening process for anyone who applies for its affiliate program. Tiers with custom affiliate commissions can be set up in Kartra to boost the affiliates and bring in more sales. You can track the affiliate details on your dashboard.
On the other hand, Kajabi allows you to understand how your affiliates are performing with the help of detailed statistics like click count, percentage of a commission set for each affiliate, and also submission and conversion rate. All these details are available on the Kajabi dashboard. However, the only downside is that the affiliate program is not available in the basic plan of Kajabi.
Winner: Kartra is a clear winner as it provides more flexibility to content creators. Also, the affiliate program is present even in the base plan of Kartra.
Both Kajabi and Kartra provide powerful automation features that help you to streamline and automate the campaigns. Kartra uses if and then response to create a customized response based on the user interaction.
You can create customer retention sequences, automated reminders, and also set follow-up emails based on the user interaction. Karta also has a “Behavioural Adaptive Marketing (BAM)” feature integrated, which makes the automation more powerful.
Similarly, Kajabi also offers impressive automation features. You can create custom email campaigns and also create automation within the pipelines. With Kajabi automation, you can set up multi-stage follow-up email campaigns, broadcasts, and also form submission responses.
Winner: Though Kajabi and Karta share similarities in terms of automation, Karta stands out from the competition because of its powerful “BAM” feature.
Kajabi has tied up with Wistia to secure the videos hosted on the platform. These videos can be embedded on any platform like a membership site, courses, and also your website. Also, there is no cap on the number of videos that can be uploaded to this site.
On the other hand, Kartra allows users to upload videos directly to the platform. It does not host the videos on any third-party platform. However, Kartra has a cap on the number of videos that can be uploaded in each of its plans. It charges the users based on the bandwidth, and it is one of the downsides of Kartra.
Winner: Both of these platforms have their own set of pros and cons in video hosting. However, Kartra excels in this segment because it allows you to watermark your videos and add CTAs for engagement.
Kartra comes with 4 pricing plans:
- Starter: This plan costs $99 per month. It allows up to 2,500 leads tracking and also comes with 1 custom domain.
- Silver: This plan costs $199 per month. It allows up to 12,500 leads tracking and also comes with 3 custom domains.
- Gold: This plan costs $299 per month. It allows up to 25,000 leads tracking and also comes with 5 custom domains.
- Platinum: This plan costs $399 per month. It allows up to 50,000 leads tracking and also comes with 10 custom domains.
On the other hand, Kajabi has 3 pricing plans:
- Basic: This plan costs $119 per month. It allows 3 pipelines, 10,000 contacts, and 1 website.
- Growth: This plan costs $159 per month. It allows 15 pipelines, 25,000 contacts, and 1 website.
- Pro: This plan costs $319 per month. It allows 100 pipelines, 100,000 contacts, and 3 websites.
Winner: Kartra is the winner in terms of pricing, as it comes with affordable plans, and also, the basic plan of Kartra has more features compared to Kajabi.
Good customer support defines the quality of the product and the company’s reputation.
Since 2017, Kartra has a great reputation of providing excellent customer service. In terms of customer support, Kartra provides access to the following portals:
- Katra’s Facebook group
- Training portal
- Live support
- And, support portal
In short, you can reach out to Kartra through multiple channels and get your queries solved.
On the other hand, Kajabi provides 24/7 live chat support to its customers. However, this chat support as well is available only to customers of higher plans.
Winner: Kartra is a clear winner in customer support, as it comes with multiple channels, and also customer support is available even in the basic plans.
Unique Features of Kajabi
Kajabi allows you to create your own community and sell the products. This feature comes in handy, as you need not share your courses across the groups in WhatsApp and Facebook, rather provide access to your community to go through your course.
To make your course more engaging to the audience, Kajabi offers various features. One such feature is the quiz. You can integrate the quizzes into your course/assessment and make sure that the students complete them in order to move to the next session.
Unique Features of Kartra
Kartra has a built-in calendar that helps you to book appointments. There are 4 different modes provided in the calendar: live event, gym, recurrent, and consultant. This is best suitable for anyone in the consulting business.
Since Kartra allows buying and selling of products, it provides you with access to Kartra’s community.
Behavioural Adaptive Marketing is one of the unique features of Kartra that allows the course creators to understand user psychology. This technology provides insights about the users and their personal preferences and allows you to sell your products accordingly.
Helpdesk can be found in Kartra’s customer support. With Kartra’s helpdesk, you can set up a ticketing system across multiple channels and let your agents access the customer’s history with your business.
Though the starter plan offers only two helpdesks, the higher plans offer multiple helpdesks.
Which platform is right for you?
We recommend Kartra if
- You are just starting out your business and are looking for an affordable all-in-one marketing tool.
- You want to target customers in a customized manner based on their preferences.
- You want tried and tested done for you campaigns to boost your sales.
We recommend Kajabi if
- You want to upload unlimited content for your courses.
- You have a business focused on membership sites, course creation, etc.
- You want to build trust and relationships with your customers through the community feature.
Choose the software based on your business requirement, the type of goals you have set for your business, and also the budget. We hope this review has helped you finalize the type of software you are looking for in your business.