Last Updated on October 10, 2021
Email marketing is one of the effective ways to drive sales to any business. Email marketing is cost-effective to reach new potential customers and also to retain existing customers.
You can use email marketing to create targeted and personalized messages. By doing this, you can build meaningful relationships with your customers. You can also improve direct marketing campaigns with it.
What is GetResponse?
Small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) have been using GetResponse for several years because of its reliable email marketing services and marketing automation capabilities. It’s got an affordable price tag and a good number of third-party integrations.
- Automation builder: One of GetResponse’s most intriguing features, the automation builder (this feature allows you to create complex autoresponder sequences based on the behavior of the users). Workflow is initiated by dragging and dropping conditions onto the page. This feature is available on the ‘plus’ plan and above.
- Improve Sales with Ecommerce: GetResponse has enhanced its e-commerce capabilities internally and by integrating with third-party services. Moreover, it has been integrated with third-party e-commerce platforms to provide web push notifications for sales promotion.
- Webinars: It has an easy to use webinar builder to host unlimited webinars, but this feature is not available in the basic plan. The number of attendees for plus, professional, and max plans is capped at 100 users, 300 users, and 500 users, respectively.
- AutoFunnel: With AutoFunnel, businesses can create visual funnels for webinars that eventually lead to product sales. Businesses can demonstrate the steps their customers take before purchasing using sales funnel builder.
- You can also use PayPal, Stripe, etc., at the point of sale, making it easier for customers to purchase your products.
- Team Management: In the basic plan, there is only one user seat, whereas the plus, professional, and Enterprise plans give 3, 5, and 10 user accounts, respectively.
- SMS Marketing: With their SMS marketing software you can automate your multichannel marketing efforts. You can create effective triggered based SMS campaigns with their SMS editor and URL shortener feature.
- Third-party Integrations: GetResponse offers an integration with the Lightning Professional platform from Salesforce. This robust integration allows the users to customize the sales reminder and add notes as and when required.
- Landing Page Creation: GetResponse offers an impressive landing page creator that helps you create stunning landing pages for running campaigns on Facebook, Google Ads, etc. You can create Well-designed data capture forms with the help of the GetResponse landing page creator.
- Split Testing: GetResponse sends variants of the email newsletter to a group of subscribers and lets you track the performance of each copy. In the end, you can find the winning email copy and replicate it with the help of this split testing.
- Analytics: GetResponse provides robust analytic reports. The analytics report consists of data like:
- One-Click Retargeting: This will identify the number of users engaged with your content and automatically targets it.
- Email ROI: You can add the tracking code to your sales page and find how many conversions your email has driven on the sales page. It will let you know if the campaign is a winner or not.
- Every User Information: You can track information about every user like his location, which landing page he signed upon, and how many emails the user interacted with in the past.
GetResponse offers 4 pricing plans:
- Basic Plan: The Basic plan allows you to send unlimited emails to 1,000 subscribers for $15 per month.
- Plus Plan: The plus plan allows you to send emails to 1,000 subscribers for $49 per month. It supports marketing automation of up to 5 workflows, sales funnels, and webinar funnels as well.
- Professional Plan: The professional plan starts at $99 per month for 1,000 subscribers. It allows users to send unlimited web push notifications, create unlimited marketing automation, and conduct webinars for up to 300 attendees.
- Max Plan: The max plan is custom priced. If you need multiple users and team role management, Max plan is the right choice. This plan offers dedicated support to users.
Customer support is very important for any company that does not have a dedicated in-house marketing team or is just getting started. The initial setup might be time-consuming, and companies can face challenges during the setup. So, having a technical expert set up for SMBs will solve their problem.
It offers 24/7 call and chat support to the users and solves their queries in the shortest time possible. In our opinion, it has fairly competitive support, focusing on small businesses that require dedicated support for their account setup and management.
GetResponse Pros and Cons
- List Automation: GetResponse automation tool helps to set conditions and segment your audience wisely automatically.
- Spam Testing: Most email marketing tools either charge a bomb for spam testing features or do not work at all. Fortunately, GetResponse has set this feature right on their platform. It helps you to spam test the campaigns and run accordingly.
- Landing Page and Conversion Funnel: An impressive landing page and sales funnel are necessary for any e-commerce or CPA site owner. GetResponse provides the users with impressive landing page templates that You can customize as per the business’s niche.
- Live Chat: GetResponse provides good customer support to its subscribers. It offers 24/7 email and chats support. Users can also install the GetResponse mobile app to get their queries resolved in the shortest time possible.
- No free plan: Though GetResponse offers a free trial for 30 days, there is no free plan available for users at the moment.
- Automation Available only on high-tier: Automations are available on the “Plus” plan or higher. It makes GetResponse pricier than its competitors.
- Deliverability: The deliverability rate is considerably low, and there is room for improvement for GetResponse. Since deliverability plays a crucial role for every email marketer, think twice before signing up for the plans.
GetResponse is a versatile email marketing tool with a keen focus on SMBs as a target audience. The feature-rich interface caters to all the omnichannel marketing needs of an organization.