Last Updated on September 7, 2021
ActiveCampaign is one of the best email marketing tools for automation every email marketer should have. One of the best things about this software is suitable for both beginners and advanced email marketers.
If you want to send simple newsletters to your audience, this tool can make that happen in a few simple clicks. Moreover, this software is easy to set up and use. It does not require any previous experience to use this email marketing tool.
Here is an in-depth review of ActiveCampaign!
ActiveCampaign offers four plans to its users based on the contacts and number of features they want.
- The basic plan starts at $9/month and offers features like drag and drop email builder, contact importing, unlimited email sending, etc.
- The plus plan is priced at $49/month. It includes the basic plans, and additionally, it also offers features like SMS marketing, CRM with sales integration, etc.
- The professional plan is priced at $129/month, and it offers features like split automation, predictive sending, etc.
- The enterprise plan starts at $229/month, and it offers features like unlimited email design testing, custom domain, etc.
However, the features offered in each plan change based on the business type like B2B, B2C, and ecommerce business owners.
ActiveCampaign Pros and Cons
- Powerful Automation: Automating the email process is very easy and mighty on this platform. Moreover, it is straightforward to set up both for beginners and advanced users.
- Detailed Reporting: Page visits and geo-tracking are reported ideally on ActiveCampaign. If you opt for higher plans of ActiveCampaign, you can also track the purchases on your eCommerce store.
- Deliverability: If you are looking for an email automation tool that can send most of your email addressed to customer’s inboxes, then ActiveCampaign is the best. It has the highest deliverability rate in the industry.
- Migration: ActiveCampaign does account migration for free. Hence, there is no worry about your data loss during migration.
- Conversations: The on-site chat feature is not included in the standard plan. It is an add-on and has to be purchased for an extra price.
- No Free Plan: Though ActiveCampaign offers a 14-day free trial, it does not have any free plan for the users.
- Overwhelming features: If you are a beginner with no experience in email marketing automation tools, you might face difficulty getting used to the advanced features. However, beginners can easily send a simple automated email newsletter to the audience by choosing the default options provided by ActiveCampaign.
- Automation Templates – There are more than 500 pre-built automation templates to make the process done in just few clicks.
- Email Templates – They have a large number of pre-designed email templates to use straight away.
ActiveCampaign has a lot of integrations daily. However, ActiveCampaign with Zapier API integration will allow you to integrate any software.
If you are an eCommerce owner, the ActiveCampaign integrations help you automate the tasks in the best possible manner. ActiveCampaign integrations are supported for Shopify, BigCommerce, and WooCommerce.
Other popular integrations of ActiveCampaign include Calendly, Google Analytics, BaseCamp, etc.
The integrations have been divided into many categories like lead generation, CRMs, etc.
Most of the time, as the company grows big, customer support seems problematic. However, that is not the case with ActiveCampaign. Earlier, email support was the only way customers could contact the ActiveCampaign team.
Now, ActiveCampaign has included live chat, call, email, and training webinars to help solve customer queries in the shortest time possible.
Customers can also watch the regular videos released by the ActiveCampaign team on their YouTube channel. Most of the time, the training videos are sufficient enough to solve the customer’s queries.
We recommend ActiveCampaign for
Companies already have good hands-on experience in email marketing and would like to scale up their email sequences automation.
Moreover, experienced marketers can find the advanced features in the ActiveCampaign dashboard pretty helpful in automating most of their tasks and focusing on other productive work areas.
However, if you are a beginner, it is recommended to go through the training/onboarding videos provided by the company.
We also recommend ActiveCampaign for companies looking for an integrated sales and marketing platform for their business. Social data and lead scoring features can help the sales teams to improve their follow-ups and sales funnel an.
We do not recommend ActiveCampaign for
Beginners or small business team with zero experience in the email marketing field and who want to use the software only to send simple newsletters.
This tool is pretty powerful, and beginners might not end up using all the features offered by ActiveCampaign. For this we would recommend MailerLite which is quite easier to use and more budget friendly.
Also, it is not suitable for marketers who are looking for a simple dashboard with basic functionalities. Moreover, ActiveCampaign needs regular maintenance to optimize the campaigns.
ActiveCampaign is the go-to tool for email marketers who would love to level up their email marketing game. With the advanced features offered by the tool, it is hard to complain about it.
From detailed reporting to friendly customer support, this tool provides everything an email marketer needs to improve their business.
ActiveCampaign has 125+ modern templates that you can customize as per the client’s requirements using their custom fields. These templates effectively bring good leads for any business, as they are optimized by default.
Mailchimp: Mailchimp is a reputed company in the email marketing space. Though it might not provide advanced features like ActiveCampaign, it still offers some benefits like:
- For less than 1000 contacts, MailChimp offers a free plan
- Impressive landing pages
- To engage the customers, they also offer impressive postcards
Getresponse: Getresponse offers a complete online marketing package like Facebook ad integration, funnel marketing with webinars, stripe integration, etc.
- Prebuilt templates for every feature offered
- Control all marketing activities from one dashboard
- Inexpensive plans compared to ActiveCampaign
- Transparent reporting for the marketing funnels
Sendinblue: If you want to send simple newsletters and do not need any advanced features, then Sendinblue is the right fit. Some of the benefits of having Sendinblue are:
- It offers a simple and effective newsletter builder
- Great tool for sending transactional emails
- Easy to Use CRM for beginners